The Rupani government has announced a waiver of 50 per cent fees for which students.

The Rupani government has announced a waiver of 50 per cent fees for which students.

The government has decided to provide the benefit of youth self-reliance scheme including 50 per cent fee waiver in education to the children of government employees who died of corona infection while on corona duty at a time when corona is rampant all over Gujarat. The children of the employees will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme without any limitation of income and percentile.

As per the resolution passed by the education department of the government, the children of government employees who died from COVID-19 while performing their duties in Gujarat will be given benefits under Mukhyamantri Swavalamban Yojana. While various duties have been assigned by the government under COVID-19, government employees ranging from teachers-employees of corporation schools have died.

The government was considering giving benefits to the children of these employees for higher studies under the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana. The government has approved the proposal and a resolution has been passed in this regard and in the current academic year 2020-21, the children of deceased government employees in any post-standard higher education course will get 50 per cent fee waiver under the MYSY scheme.

According to the government's resolution, all government employees,
 including employees of the corporation, will be able to benefit their children under the scheme if they die from corona. Apart from this, the rule of 80th percentile and income rule of Rs 6 lakh will not be applicable to the children of the deceased employee.

Importantly, the children of a government employee who died or died from corona will be given benefits without limitation of income and percentile under the MYSY scheme when they get admission in diploma and graduate courses after passing the valid examination. However, in order to get the assistance, the government employee has to submit the certificate of an officer not below the rank of Deputy Secretary of the department under which he is on duty.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel